Well, today was a beautiful 60 degree day in Northwest Arkansas, and believe me, we enjoyed it to the fullest!
This morning we went to Gulley Park in Fayetteville, to play. We were going to have our music class and play time, but hey, when good weather strikes, you have to take advantage. So, I packed lunches for the kids, (Cheese for Eliza and Joshua, Peanut butter and strawberry jelly for Sicily. I forgot to add Sicily's sprinkles today, but evidently she was hungry enough to eat it as it was.) And then we all loaded up, and went to Walmart, to get goldfish crackers and apple juice. I know that that may sound like an insignificant detail, but, to take three small children to Walmart is by no means a little thing. And, I had to include so that I could say with pride, that they all behaved wonderfully.
So off to the park we went. I don't know if you know this or not, but Scott got a Tom Tom GPS (Sicily calls it the lap top top) for Christmas. I didn't think that I would use it that much, but some days it comes in handy, and today was one of those days. One of the neat things about it, is that you can choose the voice that commands you to turn left ahead. We chose Janice. She is a nice British lady, that doesn't sound to aggravated when you miss a turn. (We joke about that being the "turn around dummy" voice.) Our GPS has an added voice feature, of a three year old echo. Just in case we don't hear Janice tell us to turn left in 400, 200, 100, 50 yards. We have a small personalized echo in surround sound coming from the back seat. "Mommy, turn left, turn left, turn left!" But if nothing else, she should be great at directions.
Anyway, for numerous reasons, our play group was not as big today, but we were so happy that Sicily's new little friend from Ballet was there, Rachel. It is so sweet how they run next to each other, and hold hands, and laugh and play. By the way, For those of you who remember my story about being Wonder Woman, I have given my title to Rachel's mom Lisa. Who had her third child Kelsey, just a couple of days before Christmas, less than four weeks later was at Zumba (which Zumba in itself could make you a super hero) AND then, during the ice storm was at the hospital (which was running on a generator during part of this time) for three or four days with her newborn who had RSV, and She is always smiling. Talk about putting things in perspective.
So at the park, there was much running and playing, and laughing. And then there was a small break where the apparently starving children sat on a park bench, all in a row eating their sandwiches, quickly so they could go back to playing. And there was a brief moment of terror, as I thought I lost the only set of keys to the van that actually will make the van go. (We have an in case I get locked out of the car key, but it won't start the ignition) But thankfully, they were just in a side pocket of the bag, that I had torn apart five times.
So then it was home for naps and more outdoor play, And then Scott had a special surprise for the girls. We went to the mall to see the Baseball Razorbacks. The Diamond Dolls were there, and kudos to them for being so great with the children. Actually, everyone was so nice, the mascots, the cheerleaders, and even the baseball players. There were two Razorback mascots, and Sicily gave them each a hug and a high five, at least four times. One of them even held her on her lap, which She didn't know what to think about it, but she was deliriously happy about the whole thing. Eliza on the other hand, put me in a choke hold every time a Razorback would enter a 20 foot vicinity. But, they were both infatuated with the diamond dolls. Eliza would give them her charming smile, and so would Sicily. One of the girls let Sicily hold a pom pom and shake it. Then SIcily was trying to sing the fight song for them (but she sings it at an almost inaudible level) so they joined in and sang it with her. She was stars truck to say the least! The baseball players were really good about talking to her, and one made her get really shy. She's too young for crushes, Right?
Anyway, we had a Fantastic, sunshiny day, and hope that everyone had as great a day as we did!
P.S. I took pictures of the park, but it was with the old fashioned camera, so stay tuned.....
No comments:
Post a Comment