Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Growing up...

Summer is wrapping up, and the girls are busy, busy, busy. Sicily has started fall ballet, and she really seems to love it. Eliza is also enjoying ballet, she likes to watch and practice with the big girls from the waiting room. She is quite the little copy cat, she sees everything that Sicily does and tries to copy it.
On Sunday, we went to the park to enjoy some relaxing family time. Again, everything that Sicily did, Eliza was right behind her.


Very much against my will, Sicily is becoming a big girl. She is letting Eliza play games with her, and the sounds of their laughter fill the air, most of the time. Sicily, is really interested in her letters, and points them out wherever we go. She is also quite the performer, she sings a lot in the car, and in case I'm distracted by driving; she gently reminds me to clap for her when she is finished.
She loves ballet, much to my delight. She is always dancing, and creating new ballet moves, some that I'm sure Miss Julie has never seen before. Scott, has enjoyed getting to come to her classes, and watch her practice. Last week he was a little star struck, a father came in to drop off his daughter. I heard a gasp, and he said "Hey! That's Tom Collins!" In my head, I thought, isn't that the drink from Meet the Parents? But, it turns out, as Scott explained to me and others in the waiting room. He's the head coach for the Lady Razorbacks.
So, life is busy, but we are having so much fun. The girls are getting so big, and they make us laugh everyday.

1 comment:

Reba said...

I cannot get over how big they are! I know you are enjoying each moment with them.